Makes 16 cookies
- 3 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Shine Organics Elevate pouches
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup finely grated carrots (approx. 2-3 large carrots)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup raisins (or more to taste)
- 2 large handfuls unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely grate the carrots and chop the walnuts, and then set aside. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or silpats.
Using a food processor or blender, grind 1 ½ cups of the oats into a fine powder. Mix this oat powder with the remaining 2 cups of oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a second medium bowl, mix the Shine Organics Elevate pouch with, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and milk until combined. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until a batter comes together, and then stir in raisins, grated carrots and coconut flakes so that they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 12 round balls of batter onto the lined baking sheets (leaving space in between). Wet hands and gently flatten and shape the cookies (as they will not spread in the oven). Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Eat them while they are warm (and chewy) or let them cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Pair them with a glass of fresh squeezed citrus or unsweetened almond milk for a morning or afternoon snack.